Today is the day! I’ve been promising you my beloved pumpkin bread recipe and now you’re finally getting it. This bread makes more than a few rounds around my circles every holiday season so needless to say, it’s a favorite.
But before we dive into that, you’re getting the chance to enter into a giveaway contest for being so awesome! No gimmicks. I’m not here to lead you on a wild goose chase in order to enter. All you have to do is be a follower and fill out the short form found here.
The giveaway item:
The winner of the randomized drawing will receive 10 cards with this original, hand-painted design created by yours truly. If you know me, you know I love clean and simple designs. I also really love trees and birds. These will be the cards I am personally using this year and I hope you love the design as much as I do!
How it will work:
- You must be a follower of the Joyful & Jittery blog
- Fill out the subscription form. You can do that by clicking here
- On November 30th, I will draw a name and notify the winner via email.
- On December 1st, the winner will be mailed a package of 10 Christmas cards with the above design to send to their family and loved ones.
Make sure you receive my emails! Email platforms can sometimes send my emails to the promotions or spam folders by accident. If you’re using gmail, you can drag my emails into your “primary” folder or just add my email (email@example.com) to your contact list! Now you won’t have to worry about missing the announcement of the winner!
Don’t miss out! You have until November 30, 2017 to enter. The giveaway will close at 10:00am CST. This giveaway is only available for United States residents. Everyone else – stay tuned!
Now, lets get to the carbs!
A lot of people like spiced pumpkin bread but honestly, I like to keep it simple. The best things can often be the most simple things. A lot of recipes call for so many ingredients that the most important ones have to fight for attention and I just don’t need that kind of drama in my life.
For this recipe, I used self-rising flour. No need for baking soda, baking powder, or salt. Like I keep saying, let’s keep it simple.
Get your grocery lists ready! The only things you will need are:
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 1/3 cups Self-rising Flour
- 2/3 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin
That’s it! That’s also the order of how you’ll mix the ingredients. A lot of people use two separate bowls but I always just mix it all in the same bowl. Why make double the mess? Just make sure you use a large mixing bowl and mix the ingredients in the order above and you’ll be fine.
- Grease two 9x5x3 bread pans. I always flour the sides of my bread and cake pans but this is optional. Set these aside.
- Get your mixing bowl and beat together 3 cups of sugar and 1 cup of oil on medium speed with a mixer. Add 4 eggs and beat well.
- Combine 3 1/3 cups of self-rising flour and 2/3 cups of water alternately to your mixture. Mix slowly.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and beat in your can of pumpkin. Pour batter into greased pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for around an hour. Every oven is different so just check the middle of the bread with a toothpick until it comes out clean!
Now, here’s a little secret.
When you take the loaves out of the oven, let them cool for around 20-30 minutes — long enough for them to just be a little warm. Immediately wrap the loaves individually with tin foil and you will have the most moist (not soggy, I know what you’re thinking!) bread you have ever put in your mouth. It will stay that way for a few days so if you’re in a time-crunch, like most of us always are, this is perfect to bake for holiday parties! Don’t forget the butter! 😉
And that’s it! It should take you around 15 minutes to prep and around 60 minutes to bake. And you probably already have all the ingredients! If you test it out, I would love to hear how you liked it or how you made it your own! (This also makes really good muffins if you’re on the hunt for simple breakfast options.)
Don’t forget! Follow the blog and subscribe to enter into a giveaway for 10 Christmas cards featuring an original, hand-drawn design. Click here to enter.
Coming up tomorrow, take a look at how I transformed my home into a winter wonderland and see how you can create the same looks on a budget! It’s beginning to look A LOT like Christmas around here.